Gap Year Program
Class Afloat’s GAP Year Program is a way to see the world without taking a break from your studies.
Our Gap Year program empowers students to tailor their academic needs and interests into an individualized lesson plan. Students are required to enroll in a minimum of two courses from the Class Afloat curriculum. The beauty of this Gap Year program is that students have the freedom to choose courses that interest them. Imagine sailing to over 20 ports on four continents while studying the subjects you love!
In addition to the regular academic programming students take an active role in sail maneuvers and general ship maintenance.
Aboard the ship, we are all crew!
Class Afloat’s Gap Year program can help you:
- Discover your career interests and academic goals
- Retain and renew your passion for learning
- Gain perspective of who you are in the world
- Learn about other cultures
- Gain self confidence
- Develop life skills and self discipline
- Improve the strength of your university applications with the Class Afloat international experience
- Earn university credits (that are transferable to universities/colleges world-wide) to get a leg up on future years
*Gap Year Students are required to adhere to the academic policies and procedures of Class Afloat and Acadia University. Information about these policies and procedures is available in the Parent and Student Handbook.