Thank you for your interest in Class Afloat!
More than 1500 Class Afloat students from around the world have had the unique and life-changing experience of completing academic courses while sailing a majestic tall ship - all while developing as individuals, excelling as leaders, forging lifelong friendships, and exploring the world.
If you would like to learn more about becoming one of these Class Afloat students, please review the admissions information contained in this section or contact us at any time.
We would be happy to answer your questions about our programmes and admissions process, or put you in touch with an alumni or alumni family member in your area who can share their experiences.
We are currently accepting applications for the January 2014 semester and 2014/2015 school year.
To apply for admission to West Island College International - Class Afloat, you must complete the following steps:
- Obtain an Application Package from our website by clicking HERE
- Submit the following required items to complete the application:
- Application form
- Application fee of $100 Canadian
- Two personal reference forms
- Personal Resume
- Medical Report
- Essay stating what the applicant hopes to gain from the Class Afloat experience and how he/she expects to contribute to the school community. (300 words maximum)
- Proof of swimming ability: bronze medallion, or equivalent or certified lifeguard's attestation that the candidate can swim 200 meters followed by treading water for 20 minutes. Please click HERE for our official form.
- Academic Transcript
- Complete a qualifying interview - once your application has been reviewed, you will be contacted by a Class Afloat representative to schedule an interview. The interview is designed to determine your social and emotional readiness for this programme.
- Acceptance: Upon successful completion of steps 2 and 3, qualifying applicants will receive a letter of acceptance and service contract inviting them to register for the next school year or semester of study.