Faculty & Professional Crew Positions
Class Afloat accepts applications year round from qualified secondary teachers and crew. We generally conclude our hiring in March of each year for the following school year . If your resume and qualifications are aligned with assignment vacancies, you will be contacted for an interview. Due to the high volume of applications received we are not able to interview all candidates. If you have the proper senior high school teaching qualifications and are looking to teach in an exciting, dynamic environment, please contact Megan MacLeod, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also welcome applications from certified professional crew, cooks and medical officers. All professional personnel must hold, at a minimum, STCW-95 certification. To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
NOW HIRING - FACULTY POSITIONS
Class Afloat is currently seeking three faculty with senior secondary teaching qualifications to join the ship for our 2018-2019 school year in Amsterdam August 26th, 2018. The upcoming route begins in Amsterdam, NL, and includes stops in Europe, Africa, South America, Africa and the Caribbean. Daily stipend, flights, health coverage, gear issue, accommodation, and food are all included.
Open Faculty Positions
- Mathematics & Physics
- Social Studies (History and Political Science)
- English and Sociology
- Bachelor’s degree in Education from a recognized postsecondary institution.
- 2-5 years of teaching experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in respective discipline
- A passion and motivation to teach and guide young people in an experiential educational setting
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- email cover letter and CV/ resume to Megan MacLeod at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOW HIRING - crew POSITIONS
Class Afloat is currently seeking a number of professional maritime staff to join the ship for our 2018-2019 school year. Positions are available for both first and second semesters. The upcoming route begins in Amsterdam, NL, and includes stops in Europe, Africa, South America, Africa and the Caribbean. Daily stipend, flights, health coverage, gear issue, accommodation, and food are all included.
Open Crew Positions
- Able Seaman
- Cook / Cook's Mate
- 2nd Officer
- Greenhand (volunteer position)
- technical qualifications/ certifications vary based on position
- experience working with youth programs an asset
- email cover letter and CV/ resume to email@example.com